Sunday, July 20, 2008

Is soy-based food products really can harm your health



Is soy-based food products really can harm your health?
Hello guys.I love to consume soy milk and I can say for sure that I never had any serious illness and I feel very healthy.As a Malaysian,It has become our favourite beverage.In fact,I buy iced soy milk 2 to 3 times every week on the way back home from my workplace in KLCC at the beverage stall nearby.All I can say is that I just love the taste.I believe a frequent consumptions of soy milk makes my body stronger,healthier and it's a cheap and easy way to get natural protein.I'm the only person in my family that has the strongest immunity towards illness such as flu,colds and fever.I never skip school or work for my whole entire life because i'm healthy. I was shocked to find an article in the news lately that says frequent consumptions of soy products can increase the chance of getting cancer,shrinking your brain volume or even causes infertility among male.I think It's totally irrational to think negatively about soy products.I think It's a good food product in the market these days.I have no clue about who actually conduct the experiment on the soy bean and suddenly came up with a theory that soy products can harm you.Stupid,nonsense to say the least!... I don't know about you guys out there in the United States but we here In Malaysia love to drink soy milk or eat a tofu.It doesn't effect our health at all but those who never had soy in their life that were known to had a deadly disease down here. Would you guys like to give some comments about my question here?...Please do.
Diet & Fitness - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
i would cut down on the soy prodcuts... i do not drink any milk... because its no good for u.. we are the only species that drink milk has adults... i have heard that soymilk, and soy products can raise estrogen... and u do not want that.. i have also heard the cancer risk... i do not think soy products are very great... i think its overrated..
2 :
Not only that .... it has also shown penile birth defects in newborn infants. It contains a trypsin inhibitor --- which prevents the digestion of protein. Foreign countries in which soy is very popular do not use nearly the amount that North American soymilks and tofu stuff in their products. It is not irrational to think negatively, it is quite the opposite. There are several reasons why soy in large amounts is not good for you, and even you just listed a few. It is not that great of a product.
3 :
yes... i too have heard about the ill-effects on health after having soy products. & i am also not sure about it. but, i am sure about this. soy products are good for ladies since it is connected to the female hormones (estrogen, i think). so, i "dont" think its a good idea for "men" to have soy products. everybody is extremely careful about feeding soy products to "boys" because its said to interfere with their normal hormone secretion... mayb make boys more girlish. i suggest u could google to find out how much is suitable for men. soy is said to have a chemical thats equivalent to the female estrogen hormone (similar to testosterone for men). so, take care.
4 :
Hi Adie apa khabar??well, i did visit a dietician 2 yrs a ago and yes,its true that soy products do have lots of antioxidants which in excess behave like estrogen...try to limit your soy intake as much as possible...as for a vegetarian(its the main source of protein for most vegetarians) like me,i really dont find it to be estrogenic since i hit the gym and workout very often...in KL im sure you are familiar with dishes like sambal tauhu and so on,so aslong as the tofu is sliced and cooked properly,the estrogenic effects are minimal..i also drink soy milk but strictly either the low sugar ones or better still with NO sugar...keep in touch with me via email...maybe we can discuss further about this.



 Read more discussions :